By offering this website for use, FindLaw provides you with a worldwide, nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable, limited license to access and make personal use of the information and services on this website, strictly subject to and in accordance with these Terms. FindLaw reserves the right to terminate this license at any time and for any reason. Your failure to comply with these Terms will result in automatic termination of this license, without prior notice, and you must immediately destroy all copies of downloaded materials in your possession or control. Except for the limited license set forth in these Terms, FindLaw does not grant you any express or implied rights or licenses under any patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights.
By using this website, you agree that:
- you shall not use, intentionally or unintentionally any of the content, information, or services on this website in a manner contrary to or in violation of any applicable international, national, or local law, rule, or regulation having the force of law, including, but not limited to, privacy laws and any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange, or the NASDAQ;
- you shall not use this website in any manner that could harm, infect, take over, disable, overburden, or otherwise impair any of our computer systems, including, but not limited to, the servers, networks, and other components connected to or used for this website;
- you shall not interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of this website, or of any of the content, information, or services provided on this website;
- you shall not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise or alter the origin of any content transmitted through the services or develop restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to from another accessible page);
- you shall not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- you shall not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- you shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any services, accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to any server used for this website, through password mining, hacking, or any other means;
- you shall not seek to gain access to any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available by us;
- you shall not reproduce, duplicate, copy, download, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit this website, or any portion hereof, for commercial purposes without FindLaw’s prior written consent;
- you shall not use any framing techniques to enclose any portion of this website (including, but not limited to, images, text, page layout, and form) without FindLaw’s prior written consent;
- you shall not make any use of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and graphics on this website without FindLaw’s prior written consent.
- you shall not use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture, or extract information about usage, individual identities, or users;
- you shall not use any robot, spider, other automatic software or device, or manual process to monitor or copy our website or the content, information, or services on this website without FindLaw’s prior written consent;
- you shall not collect any email addresses made available on this website for purposes of promotions or marketing campaigns;
- you shall not distribute, on or through this website, any advertising; promotion; solicitation for goods, services, or funds; or solicitation for others to become members of any enterprise or organization without FindLaw’s prior written permission; and
- you shall not use or otherwise export or re-export this website, or any portion thereof, in violation of the export control laws and regulations of the United States of America.
Any unauthorized use terminates the license granted hereby.
When you visit this website and when you communicate with us electronically, for example by sending us an email, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on this website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Patents, Copyrights and Trademarks
The technology and content provided on this website is owned by or licensed to FindLaw and protected by United States and international intellectual property laws. FindLaw and its licensors retain all proprietary rights to that content and technology.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
WE PROVIDE THIS WEBSITE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE, OR THE CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON THIS WEBSITE. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, FINDLAW DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
Please review our privacy statement for a description of our privacy practices.
This website may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this website is accurate and complies with applicable laws. FindLaw will not be responsible for the illegality of, or any error or inaccuracy in, advertisers’ or sponsors’ materials, or for the acts or omissions of such advertisers or sponsors.
No Legal Advice or Practice of Law
This site provides information on law and legal topics and is designed for informational purposes only. User acknowledges that under no circumstances is FindLaw, its agents, affiliates or customers, providing legal advice or representation through this website and nothing on this website is intended as a substitute for legal advice form an attorney.
Attorney-Client Relationship & Confidentiality
You acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship is, or will be, formed through the use of this website, and that you have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality of communications occurring through this website. The hiring of a lawyer is a critical decision and should not be predicated solely on comments, recommendations, advertisements, or other content found on this website or any other website.
Attorney Professional Conduct
If you are an attorney participating in any aspect of this website, you acknowledge that the Rules or Codes of Professional Conduct (“Rules”) of the jurisdictions in which you are licensed apply to all aspects of your participation and that you will abide by such Rules. FindLaw disclaims all responsibility for your compliance with these Rules.
No Endorsement of Lawyers
FindLaw does not select, approve, or otherwise endorse any particular attorney, lawyer, law firm, or provider of legal services on this website. Any and all such recommendations are from third parties and are inherently subjective in nature, could be inaccurate or incomplete, and are difficult or impossible to verify. Therefore, FindLaw expressly disclaims any representation or warranty that such recommendations are correct or reliable. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL FINDLAW HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY RELIANCE ON INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. SUCH RELIANCE SHALL BE SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Third Party Content
Third party content, messages and services may appear on this website or may be accessible through links from this website. FindLaw is not responsible, and assumes no liability, for any mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehood or obscenity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in any third party content appearing on or accessible from this website. You acknowledge that the information and opinions in the third party content are neither endorsed or controlled by, nor reflect the beliefs of, FindLaw.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice
FindLaw has registered an agent with the United States Copyright Office as outlined in Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512). Upon notice of alleged copyright infringement, FindLaw will remove or block access to the material, provide notice to the user who posted the material and proceed as dictated by Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512). FindLaw may block access to areas of this website to repeat infringers. All notices of alleged copyright infringement through this website should be sent to:
Jon J. Olson
610 Opperman Drive
Eagan, MN 55123
Telephone +1 651 687 8261
Facsimile +1 651 687 1899
You acknowledge and agree that FindLaw, in its sole discretion, may terminate your website access if your conduct is found to be unlawful, inconsistent with, or in violation of, the letter or spirit of these Terms, including, without limitation, for nonpayment of any real or imputed fee for use of the website. FindLaw shall not be liable to you or any third party for termination of website access. Should you object to any terms and conditions of these Terms or to any subsequent modifications thereto, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of the website.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold FindLaw and its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors, and suppliers harmless from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from any violation of these Terms by you.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Minnesota, U.S.A. without regard to conflicts of law provisions, and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Minnesota in any claim arising out of this Agreement. You agree to waive all defenses or objections to such jurisdiction and venue.
Severability of Provisions
If any provision of these Terms is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the remaining provisions and shall not affect their validity and enforceability.
If you have any questions about these Terms, or about the content, information, or services on this website, you may E-mail us.
If these Terms change in a significant way, we will post the changes here. These Terms were last updated on June 22, 2012.